Tributes flow for Shane Warne
Tributes have flowed from all around the world as cricket fans learnt of the shock passing of Shane Warne.
Warne passed away after suffering a suspect heart attack whilst on holiday in Thailand.
Australian captain Pat Cummins led the chorus of voices all at dismay at the greatest leg-spinner of all time had passed.
“Warnie was an all-time great. A once-in-a-century type cricketer and his records will live on forever,” Cummins said.
“We all grew up watching Warnie, idolising him. We all had posters on our walls, had his earrings.
“We loved so much about Warnie: His showmanship, his charisma, his tactics, the way he just willed himself and the team around him to win games for Australia, and above all else, his incredible skill as a leg-spinner."
A number of former greats of the game also reacted to Warne's passing.
* "I thought nothing could ever happen to him. He lived more in his life than most people would live in 20." - Glenn McGrath
* "He has had a turbulent life but a very full life ... you just felt, I certainly did, he would go on forever." - Mark Taylor
* "Shocked, stunned & miserable ... there was never a dull moment with you around." - Sachin Tendulkar.
* "I am shocked to the core. This can't be true." - Viv Richards
* "We have lost one of the greatest sportsmen of all time!" - Brian Lara
* "He brought such joy to the game and was the greatest spin bowler ever." - Mick Jagger
* "Heaven will be a lively place now the King has arrived." - Michael Vaughan
* "Please no ....heartbroken. Already miss "The King." - Brendon McCullum
* "Numb." - Adam Gilchrist
* "I cannot process the passing of this great of our sport." - Virat Kohli
IMAGE: The Australian